Sunday, June 2, 2013

Boo-tiful Mummy and Halloween Lunch Bag!

We are on Day Four of JustRite's June Release!  I have two creations to share with you today!  I love Halloween creating and the two Samantha Walker stamp sets being featured give inspiration beyond to get us going in the Halloween direction!  

How about a lunch bag treat holder?  All stamped pieces are scissor trimmed before adhered to the lunch bag front. I wanted mis-shaped looks, so it was worry free as I cut this way and that! And look at the spider door handle, love it!

Samantha Walker's Spider Web background stamp is adorable, no? I stamped the lunch bag front using VeraMark Watermark Ink.  Door frame, spiders and rooftop sentiment are stamped with VersaFine Onyx Black, Pumpkins with Martha Stewart Ink, Eek & the window peekers with PapertreyInk Fresh Snow.  The Halloween roof strip is stamped with Memento London Fog and shaded with Tim Holtz Old Paper Distress Ink.

A close up look at one of the window peekers!  After stamping the pumpkins, I filled in the face features with black marker.  I also attached green twisted paper cord string with a small gem to each pumpkin top!

I've always wanted to create one of these Mummy cards!  I have seen them for years and just never got to it!  Well, this year I did it!  And talk about easy peasy!  I stamped a page of the Halloween image with Memento London Fog ink and started tearing into strips!  After shading the edges with TIm Holtz Old Paper Distress Ink, I placed the strips at angles on my 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" card base.  I  trimmed all the edges and used a corner rounder punch to achieve the card base shape.

Samantha Walker's Boo-tiful Cameos is a JustRite clear set featuring 19 stamps.  I stamped the sentiment Boo and Spider eyes with VersaFine Onyx Black Ink.  A couple sparkle rhinestone gems to embellish the eyes and Voila' a Mummy Card!  One of the easiest cards ever!  It's never too early to think Halloween!   

Check out the following designer blogs for more Boo-tiful inspiration today!  Enjoy!

1 comment:

lisa808 said...

Halloween is my favorite time for crafting. Awesome cards. I especially like the haunted house.