Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Ho, Ho, Ho! Santa Card! Stamp Simply Style!

Welcome! We are on Day 11 of Sharon's 12 days of CAS Christmas! So how about an ornament shaped card today? The base is cut using Spellbinders Heirloom 2011 dies as is the water colored paper.  Kaisercraft Gingerbread Paper is perfect for this jolly Santa image! All the dots add a festive touch, no? Have you used those new SugarDot stickers from Prima?  Oh my, I just may be adding another item to my fav list! These dots come four colors per card, all being various sizes!

Just LOOK at all the holiday goodness in Kaisecraft's Gingerbread Stamp Set!  I have to say, the package and banner images could be used all year long!  I stamped my images onto watercolor paper using StazOn Black, as I knew I wanted to watercolor using Ranger Distress Markers.

I watercolored the images with a water brush and distress markers.  I applied my marker color onto clear acetate, picked up small amounts of color with the water brush, then applied to stamped images.  Adding more water helped wash out & lighten color and adding more color created the shading I was trying to achieve.  After applying a small amount of tacky glue onto Santa's fur and facial hair, I sprinkled clear rock candy distress glitter.  It's so fine, in the sense of texture of glitter!  LOVE!  Die cutting, adding ribbon & embellishments, trimming out sentiment letters, and voila! Card is complete!

I'm returning at 8pm tonight with another clean and simple idea!  See you then!


STAMPS: Kaisercraft Gingerbread Stamps (Stamp Simply Ribbon Store)
PAPER: Kaisercraft Gingerbread (Stamp Simply Ribbon Store), Ranger Watercolor Paper (Stamp Simply Ribbon Store)
INK: StazOn Black (Stamp Simply Ribbon Store)
DIES: Spellbinders 2011 Heirloom (Stamp Simply Ribbon Store)
ACCESSORIES: Prima Everyday Vintage Sugardot Stickers (Stamp Simply Ribbon Store), 1" Grosgrain Red/White Polka Dot Ribbon (Stamp Simply Ribbon Store), Metallic Silver String (Stamp Simply Ribbon Store), Ranger Clear Rock Candy Distress Glitter (Stamp Simply Ribbon Store), Ranger Watercolor Paper,Ranger Distress Markers: Picked Raspberries, Squeezed Lemonade, Ripe Persimmon, Festive Berries, Evergreen Bough, Gathered Twigs (Stamp Simply Ribbon Store) 
OTHER: Water Brush (Michaels), Aleene's Tacky Glue (Michaels), Cardstock (Papertreyink)

4 comments:

pamboe said...

I love your ornament shaped card. I am going to CASE it and make it a tag!

Juanita B said...

You are one amazing artist! This card is so adorable and I LOVE that it can be hung on the tree. TFS. Juanita in OH

Lynn said...

You have motivated me to use my ornament dies in an entirely new manner. Love your card, looking forward to more.

marilynwillauer said...

Oh so cute, love the sparkles!!!