Good Wednesday Morning! Welcome to Explore.Dream.Discover. I hope this day finds you well and wonderful! We are on Day Four of JustRite's August Release! Today I have two adorable ornaments to share! They are simple, fun and can be embellished to your hearts desire! Let's get started!
The Gingerbread Girl and Boy measure 2" in height and 1 3/4" wide across the arms. I found these cutters after Christmas last year at our local hardware! On clearance, of course! Luckily they had four girls and one boy, just what I need! The ribbons and embellishments can be as little or as much as you desire! All product I used today is in supply list at the end of this post! JustRite is featuring two background stamps, Christmas Holly Stripes and Holly Frame. Below is an outline of how I made altered these cookie cutters into ornaments!
- First step, stamp this lovely background stamp, Christmas Holly Stripes onto white card stock.
- Next, lay Cookie cutter flat onto stamped card stock, tracing the inside of cutter before scissor trimming. (For this size cutter, I can get five out of one stamped background!)
- Decide if you will cover outer sides of cookie cutters. If you do, place Scor Tape onto metal, pressing & trimming ribbon. (I suppose you could easily use designer papers or stamped paper too, but I like ribbon!)
- Because metal cookie cutters can be odd shaped and become slightly mis-shaped as you work, I apply trim on the front edge to help camouflage those edges. To accomplish this, place 1/8" scor tape on the very inner edge of the cookie cutter front and press on trim. (I used new mini cording on mine, LOVE it!)
- If you want to color stamped image, it is easier to color before placing the shape into the cookie cutter. (For these, I used a sponge dauber with ink to apply a bit of color to the stamped design)
- Use a CropAdile or tool that can cut through metal, to punch hole in top of cookies cutter. Thread preferred ornament hanger of your choice through hole and knot allowing the knot to stay hidden behind the stamped card stock and up inside the cutter.
- You are now ready to embellish! Use die cuts, ribbons, trims, flowers, some sparkle, etc. to add your own special touch.
For more Christmas Background Stamp Inspiration and goodness check out what the following designers have waiting to show you!
STAMPS: Christmas Holly Stripes Background (JustRite)
INK: Memento Cottage Ivy, Memento Summer Sky, Angel Pink (Stamp Simply Ribbon Store)
PAPER: White, Pink, Blue & Green Card Stock Scraps
DIES: Spellbinders Classic Hearts (Stamp Simply Ribbon Store), Spellbinders Classic Stars Five (Stamp Simply Ribbon Store), Spellbinders Little Leaf Sets (Stamp Simply Ribbon Store)
ACCESSORIES: Adhesive Rhinestones (Stamp Simply Ribbon Store), Seam Binding (Stamp Simply Ribbon Store), Denim Ribbon (Stamp Simply Ribbon Store), Faux Canvas Ribbon (Stamp Simply Ribbon Store), Center Stitched Sheer Ribbon (Stamp Simply Ribbon Store), Mini Cording (Stamp Simply Ribbon Store), Sponge Dauber (Stamp Simply Ribbon Store), Scor Tape (Stamp Simply Ribbon Store), CropAdile, Sparkle Pom Poms (Michaels),