Friday, September 9, 2011

Frugal Friday!

Hello! Here we are with another JustRite Challenge! We are calling this one Frugal Friday! The challenge is to recycle or reuse an item and transform that something into a gift in some way! It gave me a chance to create a twig placecard holder idea I saw a while back from Martha Stewart! (I am gifting these to me!)

Instead of a name placecard holder I am going to be using these on my holiday buffet table to identify foods & beverage! I added more of an embellishment than Martha! I did not make these buttons, I bought them years ago and dug them out of the bottom of my button jar. But if you desired you could take embroidered felt and make your own using a covered button kit that are available at your fabric store. The holly leaves are made by cutting my rose leaves into holly looking leaves! I adding a bead of glue along the edges and dipped into fine glitter. No need to buy holly leaves! Again using what I already have!

The sentiment tag is from JustRite's Happy Everything Tag Making Kit! A spinkle of glue and Polar White Flower Soft on the twigs to look like snow and we're done! A hot glue gun was used to glue twigs together at each end leaving a slot to hold the white cardstock! Twigs, old buttons, transformed rose leaves along with a stamped sentiment! Doesn't get much cheaper, ahem frugal than that! lol

Be sure to check out the JustRite Stampers BLOG for all the challenge info! There are prizes to be won! Can't wait to see what everyone creates! Take good care! See you tomorrow for Ribbon Inspiration Saturday, Stamp Simply Style!

STAMPS: Happy Everything Tag Kit (JustRite)

PAPER: Scrap White Cardstock

DIES: Lacey Nested Pennants (Spellbinders)

INK: Memento Black (JustRite)

OTHER: 1/2" White wrinkle Ribbon, red/white string, & rose Leaves (Stamp Simply RIBBON Store), Polar FlowerSoft, Old buttons, Fine glitter (SU), Twigs from outdoors

4 comments:

Sharon Harnist said...

Such a darling idea, Barb -- love these! And what a great find those felt buttons were -- wonderful recycled project!

newfiecrafter(Marilyn) said...

Great idea and will look so pretty on your table .Thanks for sharing
Marilyn

Linda W. said...

Great idea Barb - time to get those holiday things done. :) Linda

Anonymous said...

Beautiful projects. Love the paper and flower on the card. They are so vintage but crisp and clean at the same time. Thanks.