Monday, October 12, 2009

It's been a Gradient Radiant Kind of Day!

I have been wanting to play one of challenges over on Cath Edvalson's MOXIE FAB BLOG forrrr-evah! Well, today is the day! The challenge: Gradient is Radiant- an effect that is achieved where color changes gradually. Here's my take: I stamped my butterfly stamp from Inkadinkado's "Beauty Stems from Here" clear stamp set. (I purchased the set from Joan's Gardens) So...the yellow color is the stamped image, and the gradual coloring on the butterfly images is accomplished with Copics. Pretty simple! Colorbox chalk ink was used.
Using another image from the same set, I stamped along the bottom and right side of my Papertreyink Vintage Cream cardstock piece...then cut out utilizing my Spellbinders rectangle die. Here is a close up of the butterfly, and a peek at one of the french knots placed on the end of a stamped vine. All cardstock and ribbon is Papertreyink, flowers are MM, and the bakers string is Martha Stewart.
Hope you all had a fantastic weekend...be sure to check out the Moxie Fab blog, talk about radiant, it's fabulous! Take good care and thanks so much for stopping by!

3 comments:

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Barb! Thanks for entering the challenge! :)

Elaine M said...

Love the way you put your colors together! Isn't this a great stamp set - think I'm going to have to go shopping now that I've seen your card. Lovely job

Conniecrafter said...

The butterflies are just gorgeous, love the colors and your neat layering on the flower!