Monday, August 31, 2009

Let it Snow...

with JustRite and some FlowerSoft, that is!
I LOVE this little penguin, darling as can be! I chose to stamp and color three and have them dancing in the snow. The clouds are created with a dauber and my trusty (old) SU stencil. The snow mounds are torn pieces of cardstock, edged with Flower Soft adhesive and Fresh Snow Polar White Flower Soft. I purchased my Flower Soft last Saturday while spending a wonderful day with my friend, Joan Fricker. She lives in Indiana, about two hours south from my home. Joan had a stamping friends gathering and I am so glad I was able to make it! Friends, scrumptious food, and shopping in her store (be sure to check it out, wonderful and top notch service), Joan's Gardens made for a perfect day! Joan's store products are listed on the left side of her blog! I did not take any pictures, but Joan posted some here! Thanks for the wonderful memories, Joan.
I used my Christmas Joy set for my colored Penguin image and my Let it Snow sentiment oval. After cutting out the Let it Snow oval, I rolled edges in glue (Tombow Mono Multi) and proceeded to roll the glue edges in PaletteUltraFine Prisma Glitter. This Christmas Joy set has a great mix of sentiments and images to create a wide range of cards, gift tags, or altered items. The Oval wooden 1 3/4" x 2 5/16" stamper is used for this creation.
After stamping my images in Memento Tuxedo black ink, I colored the penguins with the Copic markers shown. I went over the penguin body a couple of times with C7 and really thought it was dark enough. I LOVE the tiny, intricate, snipping of paper. So, I did not mind at all cutting these adorable penguins out to place in the snow! The fabulous ribbon is from Sharon Johnson, check out her store by clicking the tabs at the top of her blog. Plastic snowflakes are from my last years stash...trying to use those supplies!
HOPE you are having a marvelous Monday! It has turned cold here in Michigan already! Brr...I am not ready for real snow, Flower Soft polar white snow is the kind I choose! Take good care and thanks so much for stopping by!

15 comments:

Peggy Maier said...

So sweet - love those penguins! The flower soft really adds a neat touch.

craftsbygloria said...

This little card so so sweet. Love the flower soft on the card. Thank you for sharing..

kathy s said...

what a cute card- enough to cheer any one up-we're just getting over winter here-lucky in a way we don't have snow where I live. I love your work it's always so cheerful

lisa808 said...

Absolutely darling card!

Sarah (Your daughter) said...

Mom,

You can't talk about snow yet!! You will jinx us...I am already freeeeezzzzzzing right now! The card looks great!

Love you!

Amy Johnson said...

This is such a cute card! I love how you did the snow, and how you attached the sentiment to the bow. Great job!

Conniecrafter said...

very cute, looks like they are running through the snow, just adorable!

Anonymous said...

Love the penguins! You always show so many ways to use the stamps--and not always using them the way they were originally intended! It looks like there is glitter on the flower soft--I haven't tried it yet--does it have a crystalline look to it? Very darling card!
Gail S.

Darlene said...

This is so darling!!!! Love the little scene you have created!!! WOW ... I didn't realize you were a part of Joan's gathering ... I was hoping to be there too but life got in the way! It would have been awesome to meet you IRL!! I'm hoping to get to her Oct 24th gathering ... time will tell!! Great job ... very creative!!

Janine said...

Hi Barb!! This is such a fun card!

Unknown said...

This is sooo absolutely darling! Love all the detail and your coloring. I think I'm going to have to get some of that Flower Soft!

Lisa Somerville said...

How cute, love the colors and the Polar Ice Flower Soft is a wonderful touch!

Donna Baker said...

this card is ADORABLE! I love flower soft, it's fun to use.

The Rubber Maid said...

What a fun card! Love those little guys they are adorable. Love Joan also...she is one sweet and special lady. Pat

Lee said...

Cute Cute Cute Cute!!! Can I totally CASE this design with the ribbon treatment?? I ADORE it!!!