Friday, January 9, 2009

Stamp Simply with Sharon Johnson

WARM WINTER WISHES
I'm thrilled to be able to make a card for Sharon Johnson's Stamp Simply IT'S STILL WINTER Challenge! Yes, it's still the heart of winter, so BEFORE WINTER LEAVES US we are to make any type of card that makes one think WINTER -- and doing that without using a snowman or snowflake, all the better! Anything WINTER is what she's after! Check out Sharon Johnson's blog, No Time To Stamp? for more information and play along! I chose to use my new Karen Lockhart Stamp on my new inchies, perfect for a winter card! Image is colored with Koh-i-noor Woodless Pencils, blended with stumps and odorless turpentine. The mitten cuffs are fuzzy with flower soft applied with a glue pen. Cuttlebugged snowflake panel lends a texture base for the mittens and sentiment. I decided I wanted create my own sentiment, WARM WINTER WISHES. So, out came my handy JUST RITE Curlz Font and rectangular stamper.

JUST RITE fonts enable you to create whatever wording you desire! Using my 1 3/8 x 3 1/2 wooden rectangular stamper, I selected my letters and pressed them into the grooved surface. Here is the CURLZ fonts out of the box to show you the trays they are stored on. They stack on one another making storage easy with a top clear cover fitting on the top tray. There are five trays. I also want you to check out the three sizes of fonts that are in the set. 25pt, 50pt, and 95pt. I used size 50pt for the first letters of my words and 25pt on the remaining letters. All these options allows making custom sayings a snap!

Inked with Chalk Box warm red, I stamped my sentiment and used the largest die from spellbinders, tag trio. On the tag, an adhesive red gem for accent, with foam dimensionals popping the sentiment up completes the card. I LOVE the endless possibilities creating my own sayings using JUST RITE stampers. It's so easy and well, makes it just right!

Thanks so much for visiting today! Remember to check the Valentine LOVE blog candy HERE. Take good care and have a wonderful weekend. May it be filled with warmth, fun, and laughter for you and those you love.

9 comments:

Sharon (notimetostamp) said...

Oh my gosh, Barb -- those mittens are the most darling EVER!!! I love the fuzzy cuffs and wooly feel you created with your coloring!!! What a great job!!! LOVE this card -- so glad you could play!!! Thanks so much!!!

Anonymous said...

SO SWEET BARB! We both had mittens on the brain this week!!

Anonymous said...

Such a cheerful card, Barb! Love the colors and you showing the rectangular stamper. That must be next on my list. The UPS man just delivered my JustRite round stamper and CURLZ fonts tonight. I haven't even gotten the box open---but I'm looking forward to learning how to use it after seeing all you've done. Thanks so much for your clear explanations of how you do things--it certainly helps as we can't reach in and touch and turn and look under that top layer to "see how she did that?" I've been so IMpatiently waiting for my stamper. I had ordered what I thought was a stamper and font sets from another company, but when they were delivered, I had two sets of fonts and no stamper at all. One had been labeled a "kit" with stamper and the other was just a font set. I was so disappointed. I couldn't even find the "kit" I had ordered on their web site any more---so I finally called JustRite on the phone and they were so extremely helpful and assisted me in ordering just what I needed. I told them you were the guiding force in my ordering a JustRite stamper!
Gail S.

Janine said...

This is gorgeous Barb!! Love it!
Hope you are well...Have a great weekend.

LeAnne said...

Cute---I just love those little mittens and your flower soft adds just the right amount of fun!
LeAnne

Donna Baker said...

what a fun card! love the flower soft on the gloves

Sharon Harnist said...

Love those fuzzy mittens, Barb, and the JR sentiment is perfect!

Lee said...

Cuteness!! Thoe mittens are darling!!! Ohhh now I need a rectangular stamper....I've got the circle....but I love the versatility of the rectangle!

Anonymous said...

Just a note from Surrey, B.C. I wish we lived closer, I love your style of cards & woud love to take a class with you. I make and sell at some Art & gift shops and oftren go to your site for current ideas. Thank you so much for sharing your talent. Paula