Sunday, July 6, 2008

My first Taylored Expressions Cupcake Friday Challenge!

I decided to try Taylor VanBruggen's sketch challenge! This is #23 and she always posts them for her Friday Cupcake Challenge on her blog HERE. I know I did not use cupcakes in this creation, but that is OK! Not only is this good for me to improve my card designs, but it's fun to see what Taylor creates along with her Cupcake Friday Team. Taylor has branched out with her own online store, Taylored Expressions. Check it out, her creations and store items are to die for! I have been a long time admirer of Taylor, first seeing her work with Papertreyink. And you know, I love all things Papertrey!
Onto the card details, FLOURISHES Love Nest bird image was stamped twice and cut out. The Sultry designer papers are Basic Grey found at FLOURISHES. DREAM sentiment is found in FLOURISHES Floral Fantasy Garden stamp set. White brads are from local dollar store.
Close up view of the birds with the left one adhered on a less thick piece of foam than the right to add dimension. I love how they look like they are sitting on the branch. I am getting more brave with my Janome Sew Mini! I tried some wavy stitching on this card. White edged paper was created with a dauber and SU white craft ink. May Arts scalloped satin ribbon is from FLOURISHES. I love the little bit of edging that adds to the overall look of the card. Thanks so much for stopping in! I love that you come by, it means so much to me. Take good care! HUGS,

7 comments:

Regan said...

Bard this card is absolutely Stunning!! Love eveything about it!

Donna Baker said...

what a beautiful card, Barb-I love the little birds in the flowery tree!

Lee said...

Oh this is so gorgeous!! The colors.....I LOVE Sultry!! And those birds are so sweet!! I really have been wanting to try these cupcake sketches too!!

Anonymous said...

This is gorgeous. I love coming here and seeing all your talent.
YAY!

Taylor said...

This is beautiful, Barb! I love how you attached your sentiment to one of the three side embellishments! So clever! Thanks for playing this week!

Allison Rankin said...

Oh my Barb...love this! Great birdies and great DP too!

Rose Ann said...

You've done a wonderful job with the challenge, Barb....and your card is gorgeous!!!