Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Special Delivery!

Good Wednesday to you!  Every Wednesday leading into the holidays, The Stamp Simply Ribbon Store Designers will be bringing you simple Christmas card ideas!

Today, I chose to use my Spellbinders M- Bossibilites Winter Wonders Folder to create my card panel!  I rubbed white SU craft ink onto the embossed snowflakes and used Tim Holtz Distress Shabby Shutters Ink on the trees.  Around the panel edges and a bit among the trees I also shaded with Tim Holtz Scattered Straw Distress Ink.  This M-Bossibilities folder is a wonderful value as it has two design images to emboss. Two for one!  The size of the dry embossed area is 5' x 7" and I trimmed it to 4 3/4" x 6 3/4" before adhering it to my 5" x 7" red card. 

I decided to add May Arts Satin Reindeer trim in the sky area!  I LOVE this trim and it is so simple to use!  Then of course, we had to add a tiny red Kaiser Adhesive pearl to create a Rudolph nose!  The sentiment is found in JustRite Papercraft's With Gratitude Clear Stamp Set and is stamped with VersaFine Sepia Ink.  A Seam Binding bow, another adhesive pearl, and a Prima Velvet Leaf  complete the card embellishing! Trimming the velvet leaf into a holly leaf is another great way to stretch the use of those supplies!  Gotta LOVE that! 

Thanks so much for stopping by today!  I hope you get inspired by these Holiday Card ideas!  It's never to early to get started! Check out the following designer's blogs by clicking on each respective name!  


6 comments:

Billie A said...

Awesome card and love the deer trim too that is such a cool idea. Great card.

kathy s said...

This is so cute I love Rudolphs' nose and all the reindeer great card.

marilynwillauer said...

Beautiful card!

lisa808 said...

Super card.

Kathy/NorthCarolina said...

What a great card! I love the embossing, and the satin reindeer are fantastic!

connie said...

Cute card and LOVE the Reindeers.