Friday, November 13, 2009

STAMP SIMPLY 113-Matchbook Fold

It's a Stamp Simply Friday! This week, Sharon Johnson's challenge is to use the matchbook fold in our creations! I am thinking Christmas, eyed the Ghiradelli seasonal chocolates, and this idea started playing out in my head! Matchbook style favors! Here is the matchbook open view. After measuring the chocolate, I decided on these measurements for my paper: 2 1/4" by 6 1/2" scoring 1" up from bottom, then 3" up from the 1" score line. Using my JustRite, A Merry Little Christmas, I stamped my image onto various coordinating papers I used for the matchbooks. JustRite is having a SALE! All Christmas sets are 20% off. And today you may start purchasing all JustRite's November release products! I played around with different edging on the bottom paper edge. So often, when I punch a border, and have extra, I place them by my punches. That way I try to see if I can use those first, especially for a project like these. Two sided designer papers are great for the matchbook style fold, because when open you get the coordinating design! The Ghiradelli seasonal chocolates come in three flavors, Peppermint Bark, Eggnog, and Pecan Pie. I purchased them at my local Walgreen Drug Store.
This paper strip worked out to have a coordinating color right on the edge, so I went with that! Added a Martha Stewart punched snowflake after stapling chocolate in place. These are wrapped wonderfully to do this! I used my Making Memories stapler with green staples!
Open view of all favors. I really created a variety to see which paper I will want for a holiday dinner. I will gift the others...but I chose the one with the button. I think it will go best with my table decor and dishes.
And one last picture of the matchbooks closed! I love this easy way of creating a card, or favor! If you have not tried this fun fold, give it a try! You may join in this challenge anytime and play along as many times as you want! Be sure to use keyword, ssnotime113 if you upload to Splitcoastampers. Please let us know if you upload to your blog as well, so we can take a peek!
Check out the rest of the talented Stamp Simply Team to see their awesome creations!
Bethany, November Guest Designer
TAKE GOOD CARE AND HAVE A WONDERFUL WEEKEND!

7 comments:

Deborah Saaranen said...

SOOOO sweet Barb! I love it done up with different papers...fabulous!

Barbara said...

I love them all, Barb! I'd have a hard time choosing one, so you can just go ahead and send me one of each ;-)

Janine said...

I want every one of them!!!
Have a great day!!

lisa808 said...

These are so very pretty.

AJ said...

wow- look how busy you have been! they are all great!! :)

Conniecrafter said...

so pretty, and a great idea to give a little something inside, tfs!

Darlene said...

These are fantastic Barb! I will be making some for neighborhood gifts and will you credit for the design. Thanks!