Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Gingerbread Blessings

Need a little something for holiday gifts, one that is mindful on the budget, and oh...so ready to be personalized with your JustRite touch? That is exactly what this scented spice sachet packet accomplishes! I purchased this sachet at a small gift shop, I'm talking a card shop, loaded with ideas, and has a pharmacy too! Yes, it's one of those small hometown shops! I felt like I had found a goldmine! Of course, you can purchase this type of item at JoAnn's, Hobby Lobby, Walmart, etc. This Gingerbread Spice sachet was only 99 cents! The packaging is darling, and such tasteful work from The Homespun Designs of Angela Anderson. And it looks like it cost far more than 99 cents! SCORE!
When I spied this sachet, I instantly remembered the JustRite gingerbread image from JustRite's Favorite Occasions Set. I cut my border sentiment into two pieces so I could add my own wording on the bottom half of my border. Using my 6pt small letters set (pictured above) I spelled out WARM GINGERBREAD BLESSINGS. It really completes the overall theme of this little gift! That's what I LOVE about JustRite products! I can spell out any name, sentiment, or wording I want. And utilizing a cut half border or using a JustRite DEMI PHRASE makes it even easier.
A closer look at my 1 5/8" round wooden stamper, all set to go! The small letter set is one of the first JustRite products I purchased and I have to tell you, it's still one of my favorites! Makes me feel like I'm setting up a mini printing press!
Using tan cardstock, I stamped my image with Adirondack Espresso ink, and used Copic markers (shown above) to color! After the Copic coloring was completed, I went in with my Inkssentials Opaque white pen on the arm and leg trim.
A closer peek at the Copic Coloring. If time allows, when I choose to gift this item, I can step it up a notch and add some gingerbread cookies, a gingerbread cookie cutter, or an ornament! Oh, the possibilities! JustRite is the Splitcoaststamper product focus today! Check it out, and this YouTube demo! The fantastic designers listed below reveal awesome creations using JustRite's Christmas and Demi Phrase products! You will be so inspired! JustRite Blog Angela Barkhouse Debbie Olsen Kathy Jones Lauren Meader Lisa Somerville Sharon Harnist Michele Kovack Sharon Johnson
Thanks so much for stopping by! I know I have been away from my computer for a week, but have been working on some home settling issues, and some design projects! More on that later! Take good care and may your day be full of love and blessings!

9 comments:

Sharon (notimetostamp) said...

Barb, this project is SO adorable. You always come up with just the CUTEST things!! Your mind must never stop!!! LOVE IT!!!

Kathy Jones said...

Ooooooh this is SO Yummy!!! What a fabulous project!!!! Your colouring is fantastic and I love all the papers and design!!! Totally gorgeous Barb!!!! :)

Beth Norman said...

What a cute way to decorate a sachet.

Janine said...

I love this Barb!! I just bought some iced tea sachets so will have to figure out something to decorate them with...

Christine said...

Your card is adorable!!!

Blessings,
Christine

Bev J. said...

I love gingerbread men and what a find on your sachet-makes a wonderful project. tfs

Patti J. said...

Barb, This is adorable! Thanks for the tip on the sachet's - I'll go checking my local pharmacy's and gift shops tomorrow!!!

slbt17 said...

great job, love it!
Sandra

Recycled Crafts and Ideas said...

OMG, this is so my stlye, I will have to crop lift this idea.