Thursday, July 5, 2012

Sweet Cake for JustRite's Release Day Four!

How about a bit of wedding cake sweetness today?  When I saw this three piece Melissa Frances oval box set, I envisioned a cake of some sort.  Then, when I saw JustRite's new release set, Ever After Antique Labels One, I knew it had to be a wedding cake! Sweet!

Ever After is a clear set featuring 19 stamps.  I chose to stamp the Mr. & Mrs. sentiment with VersaFine Black ink within the stamped decorative border. Ink used for the border is Memento Rhubarb Stalk.  Copic Markers, WG0, WG1 are used to add shading.  I trimmed out the border and adhered it upon my coordinating JustRite Spellbinders die cut. 

These Antique Labels One Dies are designed to coordinate exclusively with JustRite Stamps. After my die was cut and stamped piece attached, I placed the cake topper in a Tim Holtz Memo pin to hold it upright!  Perfect!  Each oval tier has a box top and box bottom.  I permanently glued the tops on the top two tiers so they will not open.  That way the decor will not  be compromised when trying to open.  However the bottom box top can be removed will the rest of the tiers securely glued in place.  A small gift, special sentiments, or what ever you can think of gifting the Mr. & Mrs. on their special day would be great!

A closeup view of the cake details.  I used Prima Paper En Francais to cover the boxes.  Aleen's Tacky glue is the adhesive I used.  Nothing will move with this glue!  I did stamp additional sentiments from the Ever After set in Memento London Fog ink to add more interest on the cake tiers.  Gorgeous silk ribbon along with seam binding and loop lace trim  from The Stamp Simply Ribbon Store is just the decoration the cake needed!  Snow adhesive pearls equals perfect detail!  Don't you just love this set?  So many possibilities and ideas!  And this is just one of two sets released today!  Pictured below is our second set for today, JustBecause Vintage Labels!  

Just Because Vintage Labels  is a clear set featuring 18 clear stamps. These stamps coordinate with JustRite custom Spellbinders Vintage Label & Banner dies and Antique Label One Dies pictured move in this post!  Phew!  Are you still with me?  A long post today!  Thank you for stopping by, I so appreciate your visit!  Tomorrow is Release Day Five!  Hmmm, what clue can I share?  Let's say it will be a special delivery!  See you then! 


Inspiration goodness can be found on the following team designer's blogs!  Click on each name to take you to each respective blog.  Have Fun!

Debbie Olson 
Marisa Job
Michele Kovack 
Darsie Bruno
Sharon Harnist 
Eva Dobilas
Barb Schram
Angela Barkhouse
Sheri Holt 

5 comments:

Sharon Johnson said...

Oh my word! This is beyond gorgeous!!!!!

Kathy/NorthCarolina said...

Amazing! I love it when paper crafting goes dimensional! At first I thought it was a real cake! LOL...Then I realized it was paper...and oh, my....

The cake topper is wonderful. Thank you so much for sharing this with us.

Julieb2250 said...

Beautiful!! I just love your style!! Julie

Conniecrafter said...

Gorgeous!

Stephenie said...

Beautiful!! Words can not describe how awesome your cake is! TFS!!