Tuesday, March 22, 2011

A NEW Storefront, Headbands and Bibs!

Good Tuesday morning! If you've not had the chance to visit Sharon Johnson's new storefront, The Stamp Simply RIBBON Store, go take a peek! So easy to navigate, terrifically sectioned to eye all that ribbon, and a store chocked full of inspirational goodness! Here are the sets packaged! I chose to use an A2 size clear box to package each set. After deciding to use the headband itself as a box embellishment, it left empty space within the box. Coordinating Cosmo Delovely paper is used to fill, directions further on in the post. Lets begin at the start of this creation! I know you recognize the headbands from THIS post. I used the crinkle ribbon included with the Delovely Kit that is found at The Stamp Simply RIBBON Store. I ran a basting stitch down the middle and pulled slightly for the bib embellishment. The piece of pink ribbon is pulled tightly after stitching along the edge. I wanted to show how tight the ribbon is pulled to achieve the look for the flowers. The gathered ribbons are machine stitched onto bibs. The bibs are from Target and the headbands are from Meijer Stores. The bib is folded and placed into the clear box, the empty space filled with matching Delovely paper. Since each bib is folded differently, there is differing widths of empty space. So, for each space I placed the paper onto the box and marked the paper, followed the paper around the box and marked where the scoring needed to be placed. I then lined up my marks and scored my Delovely paper with my ScorIt board! After scored I erased pencils lines. Here is what the paper filler looks like folded, I then slid it into the clear box. I cut the paper 1/8" past one scored side to provide a little overlap as shown. I wanted to share what I did with my ScorIt boards. I used Velcro fasteners to hold the score tool in place! Works like a charm to keep it from falling since I store my boards upright! The tags are made using JustRite Stampers Happy Everything Tag Making Kit! This kit is wonderful and has all you need to create tags galore! I used the included custom dies to cut several designer papers, then mixed and matched the layers for my tags! The headband on this box is created using two layers of gathered ribbons along with a couple loops for the leaves. The flower on the first box (at beginning of post) uses the same ribbon with a Fairytale Rose securely glued in the center. The Delovely Kit (adhesive gems, ribbon & Fairytale Rose included) is found at The Stamp Simply RIBBON Store along with the Tag Kit, ScorIt Board, Velcro Dots, Adhesive pearls, and A2 clear boxes! Enjoy browsing in the new store!
Thanks so much for taking time to visit today! Hope you are enjoying your day! Take good care and I'll see you tomorrow with a little picture holder I've been working on!

4 comments:

Janine said...

Hey there Barb!! How are you??? Love what you have been up to lately!! And Sharon's store is amazing!

Anonymous said...

Fresh colors. Just in time for spring. Tammie camposdvj@comcast.net

Sharon (notimetostamp) said...

Barb -- what a fabulous project! TOTALLY FUN!!! Thanks so much for sharing.

kathy s said...

This set looks so cute- thanks for sharing and love your bright colours.That ribbon looks yummy. I have a Score it board as well and I stuck a small piece of sticky magnet to both my board in the same place as your velcro and the tool part -now I can set the tool down and know it's easy to get- it also sticks to the rule because it's metal