Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Let's Celebrate! JustRite Style!

When JustRite released this set Let's Celebrate, I was thrilled! Our grandson's bedroom is along this animal theme! Especially the darling monkey image! I started this project right away and just now got it to the finish line! It was a long summer! lol The base is a yellow canvas I purchased at Michaels. I proceeded to give it a wash of Gold Perfect Pearls mixed with Ranger's Perfect Fabric Medium, I purchased mine at Joan's Gardens. It really tones down the yellow and gives a light sheen. I proceeded to add the ric rac with scor tape. The ric rac can be found at The Stamp Simply Ribbon Store! Here is the darling Let's Celebrate set, I used all the animal images with the same border, coloring with Copic markers. I left off the words when I stamped the monkey image.
I'm so glad I didn't get to the finish line when I wanted, because I would not have had JustRite's new Myriad Font! I LOVE the clean line of this font, and it is offered in upper and lower case in two sizes. I used 95pt lower case font for my stamping! JustRite is having a 25% off font sale through the end of October! Go check it out!
And another angle of the finished piece! I hope Kaylub likes it! Sorry about the lack of posting, my dear hubby was in the hospital again! He's home now, doing better. Take good care and thanks so much for stopping by!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

This is just darling, Barb! Such a sweet piece for you grandson's bedroom! Hope your DH is feeling better, too.. Hugs!!

Kathy Martin said...

Super cite!