Wednesday, April 7, 2010

You're Sweet! Splitcoaststampers Sketch Challenge!

I'm still working with the Cosmo Cricket Garden Variety chipboard and patterned paper. (I purchased mine at Joan's Gardens) I haven't created a SCS sketch challenge card in forever! So, today I decided to give it a go! I love SCS challenges, just never enough time! Go take a look HERE at today's sketch challenge details.
Because chipboard is so nice and thick, I knew layering the pieces would result in the chipboard element becoming too high on my card. So, here is what I did. I peeled off layers of backing so I could get a thinner piece to adhere to my paper. I added my own adhesive, because I had peeled off the adhesive layer.
Closeup of the darling smiling strawberry! Papertreyink aqua mist paper and ribbon match the chipboard perfectly! Pure Poppy and Vintage Cream cardstock are also Papertreyink.
All in all, a pretty straightforward card! I am going to put the chipboard away for a while! No, really I am! At least for a few days! We are approaching the end of the school year and you know what that means! Graduations, teacher thank you notes & treats! Can't wait to show you what ideas I have been creating for this special time of year! TAKE GOOD CARE!

1 comment:

Joan Fricker said...

Barb, Wow again! Great job using the chipboard. I love what you have done with it!!!!

Joan