Sunday, November 30, 2008

Oreo Snowmen and Sharon Johnson!

Hello Friends, this is an update on the following Oreo Snowmen treats!  I want to re-share this treat because it is around Halloween/Thanksgiving time that these Oreo White Chocolate Cookies begin to appear on grocer's shelves!  We are in Michigan, and usually get mine at Target!  Some Meijer stores carry them too in my area.  If you are planning to give these easy Snowmen a go, it's time now to ask your grocer if they will be carrying these!  It is much easier using these as opposed to dipping your own! 


Debbiedoo's

I am linking this to Debbie Doos Linky Party...wait till you see all the creations there!  Go ahead, enjoy and have fun pinning all the goodness!



My friend, Sharon Johnson recently achieved a milestone of 1,000,000 hits on her NoTimeToStamp blog! To celebrate, Sharon is throwing a party like no other! Starting today challenges, blog candy give aways, and ideas galore have begun. Keep checking PARTY CENTRAL for the next 12 days and I will keep posting here each day with party details and updates. Today, Sharon is offering candy on her blog that would be Just Rite for anyone! **If you like cookies, you won’t want to miss the activity today over at Janine Orchard’s blog, 2bKrafty. She is hosting a Cookie Recipe Exchange. Janine is turning it into a Challenge involving YOU, and also offering BLOG CANDY. Plus, Janine offers us a special end-of-the-week treat!!! It’s all happening, starting today, over at Janine’s, so be sure to check it out!!! Be sure to post your favorite cookie recipe on your blog and or upload to SCS, using the keyword SSC08 -- we want to see what you create! **My sample today for Janine’s challenge is a cookie that I have been making for about 20 years! When our girls were in school these were always the requested Christmas party treat! They are a staple on our Christmas cookie platter, and Santa ate these for many years when visiting! Kid friendly, family doable and no cooking: OREO SNOWMEN. This will be an extra long post, probably my longest ever, as I have packaged these cute snowmen in repurposed containers for different gift giving ideas. Sit back, fix a cup of tea and I hope you enjoy!

Here is a picture of all the snowmen packaged and a picture of ingredients. I used to hand dip Oreos before they came out with seasonal white chocolate dipped ones! Talk about super simple now! I stock up on these OREOS during the holiday and purchase mine at Target. For the icing I tried the new Wilton icing this year, I have to say it worked great. The earmuffs are created using kitchen scissors, leaving a good portion of the gumdrop left to eat! Yum! The orange gumdrop nose is cut on an angle and shaped a bit. Mini chocolate chips for eyes, and sprinkles for the smile! We don’t always place a smile on the face, they are just as cute without, but for today I wanted you to see how they looked smiling at you!


First up is a re-purposed clear stamp box. I cannot throw these away and have used them often for small gifts. This box fits six cookies easily with a small side empty space. After making a tray for the box, I used the same Martha Stewart paper for a small filler insert. I thought it worked well, and added a little pizzazz to the packaging! I knew

 I would not want the cookies to slide around, so check this out! A little dab of the frosting to perfectly hold them in place! Better than glue dots and edible too! LOL! Gotta love that!
All packaging tags use Kim Hughes set, Baked with Love that is available at Cornish Heritage Farms. Ribbon and ric rac added to the outer packaging make it complete for gift giving. Wouldn’t this be a cute teacher gift? Bus Driver, Principal, Mail deliverer, UPS driver, the possibilities are endless!
The next two packaging items are leftover cut card boxes that I had in my stash. The other box portion was for this project. Cookies are individually cello wrapped, one set of two tied with yellow PapertreyInk twill ribbon. A little fake snow sprinkled in the bottom and you have a cute little package! Talk about easy! Adding more color on the second sample, I used Martha Stewart DP for bag headers and sentiment along with buttons and sentiment gem. The buttons are secured with Martha Stewart bakers string. I am loving this Martha designer paper!
The small tin holds two cookies. This tin was previously used for hot chocolate. Now wouldn’t it be cute to give two tins, one with cookies and one with hot chocolate mix? Hmmmm. LOL! Martha Stewart DP, Martha Stewart border punch to create scallop edging. Tag with button embellishment and a bit of ribbon make this a cute gift container. Love the clear top to see that snowman cookie peeking out at you! My final package is a repurposed jewelry box. I loved the slim line look to the box, and the slide feature of the outer portion. You can see what the box looks like, inside, and the outer portion before I covered it with DP. I covered the foam with the polka dp and placed it back into box. It raised the cookies to the perfect height! This box holds four cookies comfortably! I love the green ribbon on this festive stripe paper! Tag attached with Martha Stewart bakers string. All containers, so easy and a wonderful way to be green and save some green!
I hope you enjoyed these Oreo snowmen and will be inspired to get going on those Christmas cookies! Enjoy, and be sure to show us what you create! Take good care and thanks so much for stopping by, I am blessed by all of you, the readers who visit here! Thank YOU!
Check out all the sample makers for Janine's challenge! Along with Janine and Sharon of course!
AJ Otto
Deb Saaranen
Darlene Pavlick
Jerri Kay
Jennifer Buck
LeAnne

33 comments:

AJ said...

wow- love them all! great stuff Barb!

Deborah Saaranen said...

How adorable Barb! What fantastic gift ideas! Your cookies look so sweet as well! Can't wait to try some of these ideas!

Anne said...

Thank you so much, Barb, for the wonderful project you have given us to create! My kids are going to love this, and your packaging ideas were inspired! Thankfully, I have plenty of those plastic boxes from stamp sets and the little round tins. If it weren't almost 9:30 pm I'd run out to Target right now to get the supplies for tomorrow. Thanks for the inspiration!

Sharon (notimetostamp) said...

OH, Barb -- I can NOT stop smiling!!! These are way, way over the top adorable!!! I LOVE all your packaging ideas and BINGO -- I have a ton of Lia Sophia boxes!!! LOL!!! These are just the cutest snowmen EVER!!! What a true TREAT you prepared for us today -- THANKS SO MUCH!!!

Anonymous said...

OH MY WORD> WHAT??? This is insane Barb!!! Man...you had all of this pent up for too long! BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh, my gosh, Barb! These are so darn CUTE!! You make the most darling, imaginative and over-the-top adorable projects! Love this!!

Janine said...

Barb you are AMAZING~~~ These are the cutest snowmen and all those packaging treats for us... THANKYOU!!!

LeAnne said...

Well, the cookies alone would be awesome, but ALL the packaging! WOW!
These are terrific!
LeAnne

Anonymous said...

OH . . . MY . . . WORD . . . !!!!Unbelievable . . . WOW . . . wish I had seen something like this when my guys were small! I've never seen anything more fun for kids during the holidays, thank you Barb, this is just precious!!!

Jennifer Buck said...

Wowzers! Your cookies are the cutest! They look so yummy....I would be ok if one of these made their way here...... ;) Beautiful packaging! You are amazing! LOVE them all! :) Hope you have a wonderful day! :)

Anonymous said...

These are so darn cute!!! I've never seen these before. I just love them and must make some. Thanks for the inspiration!!

C said...

Totally adorable, fast and green, too. What's not to love?! Great ideas..TFS!!

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, Barb!! These are so fun and creative and adorable AND DOABLE for the non-baker or the not-enough-time-in-the-day-to-bake gift giver! What a wonderful idea. And I love all your packaging ideas, too!

Lee said...

Ohhhhhhhhhh I could totally sit here all day and just gaze at these photos of adorable cookies and fabulous packagings!!!! I mean WOW Barb!!!!! Sooo gorgeous!!! And yummmmmy!!

Carolyn King said...

AKKKKKKKK...they are sooo cute. I am definitely gonna make these with my kiddos! Fantastic girl! So so clever

Anonymous said...

Cute, cute, cute!! What great ideas! Wow, do the cookie manufacturers know that you have a secret way to keep cookies from getting knocked around??? Fabulous idea! Those cookies would make anyone smile:) TFS

Gina Sisco said...

My first trip to your blog, those cookies blew me away, sooo cute. Thanks for the inspiration!! Gina

Julie Koerber said...

Get out!!!!These are the cutest things I have ever seen! I seriously wish I was talented enough to make them!! OH MY! I love snow guys and these are just too cute and probably really yummy too!! :-)

Shirley said...

WOW! Oreos never looked so cute. Love, love, love those snowmen and what a wonderful gift for neighbors. The packaging is so creative, too. Your cookies and packaging are my favorites today. Can't wait to see what you come up with tomorrow.
Thanks for the inspiration.
Shirley L.
Roseville, CA

Anonymous said...

These snowmen cookies are adorable, Barb, and the packaging so cute!! I can see stuffing some of these in the mailbox for the country maildriver and my paper carrier to find in the paper holder on the post down at the end of our long driveway. Terrific idea---and I love it that the cookies are already made and all I have to do is decorate them!
Glad to have you back. Hope all is going well.
Gail S.

Allison Rankin said...

Terrific creations...super cute! Now I am hungry...

Rose Ann said...

Adorable and yummy-looking treats, Barb!! Your packaging is perfection!

Tammy Hershberger said...

What a super-adorable project, Barb! These are just awesome, and if I were you I'd have TONS of them made ahead of time to hand out whenever there's a need for a small gift! (I'm sure you probably already do!) How nice of the Oreo people to start making the dipped cookies to make this easier on you, too!

Anonymous said...

Really, really clever packaging and decorating of the cookies. I want to be on your list!! I'll now be saving all those cute packagings and look out for the oreos..I'll need to come up with other holiday ideas (or are they available at other times of the year?) Thanks!!chender@pldi.net

Anonymous said...

This is the cutest idea! I have one foot out the door to buy oreo's now! I will have certainly have to make these for our neighborhood children. Thanks so much for taking the time to share!

Anonymous said...

What a cute idea!! I am doing respite for a young handicapped woman this month they would make a cute project she and I could do and she could take to the sheltered workshop to share with her friends. TFS Ann Lind

Anonymous said...

How wonderful these are! I have been doing Oreo cookies in a similar way for many years but I add Wilton candy/lollipop sticks and make suckers. You did a great presentation on these and I am inspired to dig out my supplies and try a new twist on an old favorite.

Danka Doo said...

I love your box ideas. I hate to throw containers away and these are great ideas on how to reuse them. I also have been invited to a cookie exchange which is the same day as another office party. I needed something adorable and not too horribly time consuming to make/bake and package. I would love to make these to put in cute gift bags or boxes.

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

Oh my goodness, what FABULOUS snowmen! What great gifts these are. . .and so perfectly packaged!

Anonymous said...

I am baking and making candy as I comment on your adorable cookies and really cute package ideas. Loving Sharon's 12 days of Celebrating. TFS your wonderful creations.

Nancy B said...

These are adorable. Thanks so much for sharing!

Tracey said...

OMG, these are just to cute & I love how quick & easy they are. I'm adding them to my list to make this holiday season, tfs!

Joy said...

Saw these on Pinterest and had to come and take a look!! They are just too cute !!!!! I guess I will be creating adorable snowmen this week, if time allows! TFS!!!