Thursday, May 8, 2008

Drive, Chip, Putt

DRIVE, CHIP, PUTT
Over on SCStoday, the challenge was to use chipboard in your creation. This little golf frame started out as a chipboard coaster from The Olive Garden. I used a scallop punch on the coaster and Basic Grey DP. I thought this pattern was perfect for golfing!
The DP was run through the xyron for laminating and adhesive. The laminating provides a bit more stability and the total adhesive side is much easier to adhere to the chipboard! A rectangle punch was used for the easel...same process as the frame piece: punched, dp punched and run through xyron. I adhered the easel to the back with redline tape. See picture below.

The top of the layers are not adhered down to enable a photo or sentiment to slide easily in the frame. I had to add a little gift card with this frame...the outside of the card is simple with the circle (all about golf! lol) with Dad sentiment. (see first picture) The card flap can be opened and flipped over to reveal the card inside with the golf bag and sentiment. The sentiment was computer generated...Very fitting for a "chip"board challenge, don't you think? The golf bag is paper pieced with some white pen accents.

This creation uses an incredible new stamp set, "King of the Grill" designed by Rupa Shevde for GinaK Designs. Perfect for the men in your life! For that matter, it works perfectly for women too! Check it out along with all the other fabulous GinaK Designs!

Thanks for stopping by! Don't forget to leave a comment on the previous post to be entered in the blog candy "Hits" celebration.

HUGS,

6 comments:

Lee said...

Awesome gift set for a guy!!!! Barb!!! I sure love your creativity!! The design and colors are just perfect!!!! Way to showcase that new stamp set!!!

Donna Baker said...

wowee! is this ever FUN??! Almost makes me wish I knew someone who golfed or I did - great project, Barb!

Linsey R said...

Barb, this is absolutely FAB! Love love it! Wonderfully creative and colored so well on the clubs! I want to make some stuff like this for my DH, dad and brothers! Thanks for inspiring, buddy!

Melanie said...

what a great manly gift, awesome!(I'm goig ot call Olive Garden and tell them you're takign their coasters!! :)


more later, sick ;(

Julia Aston said...

What a fun golf set - great cutting on the clubs for the frame!

Davis Family said...

ohhhhhhhhhh I got that set. I am so happy you made a project with it.
em