Wednesday, December 4, 2013

A Cup of Christmas Tea!

Welcome to my Wednesday 8pm Stamp Simply Ribbon Store post!  I have a simple square card to share!  For many years I've often gifted a holiday book that I love called "A Cup of Christmas Tea" and for many years I wanted to create a coordinating card!  Never happened, until this year!  I used a new to me stamp on this beauty!

The brand is Deep Red and this single stamp is called Flourish Latte!  I stamped it with VersaFine Vintage Sepia ink before trimming around the spoon handle with my craft knife!  I did not want the square die to cut off the handle, so when positioning the die, I now could pull the spoon handle atop the die!  The square die cut was shaded before removing the die with a sponge dauber and Old Paper Distress Ink.  I got my trusty Kaisercraft Gingerbread paper pad out and came across remaining page scraps.  So glad I did not throw way the wonderful page band and the little square that contained the word JOY!  Aha! Perfect elements to use with the Spellbinders Captivating Square die cuts!

Here is the book I was referring to. It's a heartwarming story about a young woman who visits her elderly Aunt for a cup of her special Christmas Tea.  The young woman had not been to see her Aunt in quite some time, and something magical happened!  I won't give the whole story away, you will have to read it!  It truly is a great Christmas read!

Thanks so much for stopping by today!  I appreciate your visits!  Be sure to stop by Sharon's BLOG to keep up on The Stamp Simply Ribbon Store's product updates and wonderful ideas!

STAMPS: Deep Red "Flourish Latte" (Stamp Simply Ribbon Store)
INK:  VersaFine Vintage Sepia (Stamp Simply Ribbon Store), Tim Holtz Old Paper Distress (Stamp Simply Ribbon Store)
PAPER: Kaisercraft Gingerbread Paper Pad (Stamp Simply Ribbon Store), Red & White Cardstock
DIES: Spellbinders Captivating Squares (Stamp Simply Ribbon Store), Classic Squares (Stamp Simply Ribbon Store)
ACCESSORIES: Stitched Center Ribbon (Stamp Simply Ribbon Store), Sponge Dauber (Stamp Simply Ribbon Store)
OTHER: 3/4" & 1" EK Success Circle Punches, Craft Knife

2 comments:

Colleen said...

What a lovely idea; a beautiful card to go with the book. What a wonderful gift this would make.
ColleenB.
Texas

Shawna said...

Who wouldn't LOVE receiving this beautiful card and book?