Welcome! Today we are recycling the tin can! Call it altering, decorating, recycling, re purposing or bringing it upscale -- it's all about reusing those tin cans that are all around us. My inspiration for today's creation is a chunky soup can. I will be using this snow lady to hold a candy treat!
- It is covered with My Mind's Eye Blush paper
- The hat is a sock from my matchless sock basket
- The eyes are punched designer paper circles and are covered with clear MM discs
- The snow lady's nose is cut from a card stock scrap
- Her smile is created with adhesive gems
- With my index finger, I rubbed a little blush on her cheeks
- Scarf is made with pink tulle and Webster's Pages Winter Fairy Tales fur trim
This stamped cutie is found in JustRite's set, Seasoned with Love found HERE. Spellbinders Lacey circles are found HERE, and the white metallic string is HERE. When I placed the sock on the can, I folded the edging up and glued on some decorative pearls I had from BoBunny's Embellishment Card HERE. I securely tied toward the end of the sock then cut off the end allowing me to cut upward to the tied area that created tassels!
This is a Mystery Blog Candy, meaning a winner will be drawn from comments on one of today’s participating blogs, so leaving a comment on each blog increases your chances of winning. The winner will be selected at 6 p.m. EST on Tuesday, November 22 and will be posted on Sharon's BLOG on Wednesday! Sharon created this pin cushion tin and trim card! Check back to claim your prize if you are the lucky winner! Good luck!
There is tin can inspiration waiting on the following blogs! Enjoy!