Happy Halloween is a 2" round JustRite Original Set featuring 6 centers and borders that are interchangeable. The remaining images can't wait to get stamped and colored!
Here's a closeup of stamped image. The hat is stamped onto grey cardstock and colored with gray Copic markers. It is then trimmed out and popped up using foam dimensionals. Dazzling glitter for the hat buckle, ghost, and border adds a bit more fun!
To create the with hat, cut three pennants using Spellbinders Pennants die, (the largest pennant is used). Click on photos to enlarge and see detail.
Cut the hat bottom using the largest Lacey Circle Spellbinders die. I also used a smaller Lacey circle to frame the stamped image hanging from the hat.
The first pennant shows the markings & scor lines. The marking are 1/4" in from the outer edges. The middle pennant shows the cut away corners that overlapped from the scoring lines. The far right pennant reveals trimming of the points, I did not measure this, I just eyed it, it will not show in the final creation, so it's all good. Less fuss too!
Here are all three pennants marked, scored, corners trimmed. One pennant receives no tape, one pennant receives one side edge taped, and the third pennant has both side edges taped.
- Peel tape & press side edges together inward.
- What we see is the seam where the two sides meet on the outside.
- At this time, start working the cardstock, rounding each side. Because the hat base is round, and my hat is three sided I want to get the hat as circular as I can without creasing the cardstock. Again, I'm not going to fuss too much because my ribbon is going to cover where the hat and base meet.
- As you work the hat you will notice where the seams meet creates a point that needs to be trimmed as shown above.
- I trimmed one point and used that piece to trim the other two points. Less fuss, as I know the ribbon will cover any imperfections.
- Scor tape is applied to the tabs that are left on each side. Peel tape backing and attach hat to base.
I used sheer tinsel ribbon, ran a stitch down the center to gather. I proceeded with 1/4" scor tape, applying it to the seam, then pressed the gathered ribbon to attach. The gorgeous ribbons, string and scor tape are found at The Stamp Simply RIBBON Store. There you have it! Another Happy Halloween creations in JULY! I hope you've enjoyed the new release sets as much as I have! Note: The Justrite CHA catalog is now available too for your viewing pleasure! To get yours, HERE's the info!
Enjoy the wonderfully talented JustRite designer's creations today! Take good care!
STAMPS: Happy Halloween (JustRite)
INK: Memento Tuxedo Black
PAPER: White x-press copic cardstock (Ellen Hutson), Black & Grey Cardstock (SU), Burnt Orange (PapertreyINK)
OTHER: Scor Tape, Sheer Polka Dot Ribbon, Gingham & String (Stamp Simply RIBBON Store), Dazzling Diamonds (SU), Copic Markers, misc button