Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Life is like a Butterfly...

Welcome to JustRite's kick off of May release sets! Be prepared to wowed by the incredible designer's creations starting today & week days through May 11, each day beginning at 9am central.

I chose to create a card today, but a different size than I normally work with! Why? It all started when I was cleaning and came across business size envelopes that I had purchased way back, don't even remember when! My card measures four by nine inches. I so love the idea and vision surrounding this card, but couldn't put my finger on why I didn't like it when finished. I think I know after staring at it for awhile. The tulip stem is too narrow and throws the balance way off. But of course I had it all assembled after the light bulb moment! When I run another piece of ricrac to make a wider stem, I think that will help!

BUTTERFLY GARDEN is our featured JustRite set today! It is a JustRite Original set containing 4 Designer Centers along with 4 interchangeable Borders. These stamps fits our 3-1/4” Stamper. Wait till you see all the creations made by our talented designers with this set! Let's start from the bottom and move on up! These suede leave were simply scrunched and machine stitched as I went across the panel's width. I then trimmed bottom to a straight edge. For the Tulip I cut three #2 dies from my Spellbinders Mega Large Oval set. And the stamens are two head pins dipped in glue and coarse glitter! Found my bead making supplies as well when cleaning! LOL! This is the envelope I was speaking about! I used the same butterfly punch and punched three on the back side of the envie! Then I taped a piece of the K&Co Spring Blossoms designer paper inside to have it peek through! I also lightly glued the edges of the butterflies so they would not get caught and rip. Check out JustRite's MAY sale! 20% off Nested Frames and Sentiments and the Clear Horizontal Stamper Set, until May 31. Thanks so much stopping by today! Hope the sun is shining where you are! Here is the list of oh so talented designers sharing today!

JustRite Inspiration Blog

Mona Pendleton***

Sharon Harnist

Debbie Olson

Michele Kovack

Kathy Jones

Stephanie Kraft

Angela Barkhouse

Barb Schram

***We welcome Mona to the JustRite Design Team! She is an extremely talented designer and look forward to her designs using JustRite Stamps! Welcome Mona!

STAMPS: Butterfly Garden (JustRite) PAPER: White Cardstock (PapertreyInk), Rose (SU) INK: StazOn Black, TimHoltz Tattered Rose Distress DIES & PUNCHES: Large Mega Ovals #2 (Spellbinders), Martha Stewart Butterfly Punch (Michaels) OTHER: RicRac, Suede leaves, & Adhesive Pearls (The Stamp Simply RIBBON Store), Sewing Machine, Martha Stewart Coarse Glitter, Jewelry Head Pins,

10 comments:

Mona Pendleton said...

Oh my Barb! What a fabulous card! I love how you framed the sentiment and created a beautiful 3D butterfly garden! The suede foliage looks amazing! Thanks so much for the warm welcome ~ so honored to be designing amongst all of you talented ladies :)

Jerri Jimenez said...

This is absolutely stunning Barb!

Unknown said...

Such a gorgeous card, Barb! SO fun and creative.. love your grass and all the fabby details!

Peggy said...

I like the way you scrunched the leaves and sewed them. The butterflies and sentiment are great.
God bless,
PeggyS

Sharon (notimetostamp) said...

FAB work -- LOVE that tulip!

Unknown said...

This is gorgeous. I love the sceen you created.

Pattie said...

Gorgeous!

Rose Ann said...

Your tulip is so creative and pretty, Barb...and I love how cool your grass turned out!! Fantastic!!

Kathy Jones said...

I totally love this awesome tall card and that fabby tulip!!! The way you've used the sentiment and all those butterflies is just gorgeous!!

Conniecrafter said...

Oh Wow that is stunning, love the flower the little butterflies and your leaves at the bottom are so neat!