Friday, November 12, 2010

Christmas Colors? What are you Favorites?

It's time for Sharon's annual Non-traditional Christmas Colors Stamp Simply Challenge! This week, let's make Christmas cards or projects in NON-traditional Christmas colors, meaning NO typical red and green. To get you thinking, some personal favorites of Sharon's are Bashful Blue, Amethyst, Celery, Pink or Rose. I went with the Pink, Rose, and Celery for my Advent project today!
ALL papers on this creation are from Sharon's YULETIDE kit, the ribbons too! I did add some velvet ribbon around the box, and some of the velvet ric rac on the inside.

A bit of Grandma's writing! This tag is from the tag pad in the YULETIDE kit, as are the adhesive rhinestones. FYI, all kit contents are also available for individual purchase! The advent box is a Kaiser product that I got from Ellen Hutson. You can see the top of the individual boxes with white acrylic paint on the edges, I only painted the edges of the boxes and edges of the large box! All paper is adhered using scor tape with edges sanded! What a labor of love, I've been working on this all week! I'll post again with all the stamping details!

Take good care! Thanks so much for stopping by today! Check out the terrifically talented Stamp Simply designers' blogs to see inspiring creations! Sharon Johnson, No Time To Stamp? Deb Neerman: Paper, Ink, Scissors & Stamps Not playing today, feel better, Deb! Barbara Anders: Paper Pursuits Jenny Gropp: One Krafty Kat. Janine Orchard: 2bKrafty AJ Otto: The Willow Garden Deb Saaranen: Dream In Color Claudia Rosa: Pretty Pressings November Guest Designer

11 comments:

Sharon (notimetostamp) said...

Oh, Barb! WHAT A WONDERFUL PROJECT! This is SUCH a treasure for your sweet little grandaughter!!! It will be treasured each year for geneations! You continue to amaze me!!!

Janine said...

My word Barb.... This is gorgeous!!!

Jerri Jimenez said...

nThis is so totally adorable Barb! You've done a wonderful job with it, just previous, I love it!

Barbara said...

Definitely a labor of love! What a fabulous project! I have one of these but I haven't gotten the nerve up to tackle it yet, LOL! You've surely inspired me!

Cassie_lu said...

EEK! How amazing is that project. Love the colors and details you put into it

Monique said...

How fun and creative!!! I have something like this in my closet and now you have inspired me to dig it out!!

Kathy Martin said...

AWESOME! My favorite Christmas colors...white, light blue and red! You can throw in a bit a silver and glitter! :)

Ree Donnelly said...

Precious beyond words, Barb!!!

Kristie W. said...

Amazingly beautiful project!!

Deborah Saaranen said...

Wowzers!!! Is this fabulous, or what?!? Adorable!!!

Conniecrafter said...

Oh my that is just too cute, what a special gift that they can use over and over for many generations!