Friday, November 19, 2010

Blackberry Scripture Tea, Velveeta Cheese, and Honey, OH MY!

My take on Sharon's Stamp Simply Challenge is a bit of a stretch this week! It's all about canning, freezing or drying your summer harvest! Are you still doing that or preparing those previously preserved goodies for Thanksgiving or Christmas? Today is all about preserving our fruits of the harvest. So here's the stretch, my food related item is tea, Blackberry Tea! It counts, right? I've food related items throughout the project too! Wherever today's challenge brings you, whether using food type stamps, papers or embellishments on a creation, decorating a jar of canned goods, or even wrapping a chocolate bar, it's all good!
How about a box to hold that tea! This was super simple to create! So simple that I created twelve of these boxes (yet to embellished)! The box top sentiment is stamped with a Verve Stamp that Sharon now carries in her store! This was my first experience stamping with Verve stamps and I have to say I love the clear stamp quality! And the ability to buy single stamps is a plus! How did the box begin? With a food carton of course! See, I'm getting the food relating in there! Ahhh, yes Velveeta cheese! I made mac and cheese last week and could not bring myself to throw away the container! I loved the simple construction! I traced onto my designer papers and cut out. The paper on this box is K&CO Yuletide. I just saw Sharon only has two kits containing this paper left in her store. Here is a look at the box base, the lid is what holds the sides together when assembled. Each tea bag has a scripture on the tea tag. I bought tea bags at my local Cracker Barrel Restaurant. There is a website if you are interested, http://www.scripturetea.com/, I have not visited the site yet, but hope to soon! Let me know if you do! Two honey sticks are a perfect addition! More food related items! LOL The honey is flavored, I purchased them at a bakery and wish I'd bought more! Close up of the box reveals trim used on the lid top edge and along the bottom edge. I am in love with this trim, once the scor tape is applied to the trim back, it easily bends in half, allowing half the trim on the box top, and the other half on the box side. So pliable and smooth, giving such a finished look! You can purchase this trim at The Stamp Simply Ribbon Store. You will also find the gorgeous silk ribbon there too.

Thanks so much for stopping by today! I really appreciate it! I do hope you get the chance to play along with The Stamp Simply Challenge this week. If you upload your creation to a public forum, please use keyword ssnotime166 and/or upload on Sharon's Mr Linky! Take Good Care!

Check out the terrifically talented Stamp Simply designers' blogs! Sharon Johnson, No Time To Stamp? Deb Neerman: Paper, Ink, Scissors & Stamps Barbara Anders: Paper Pursuits Jenny Gropp: One Krafty Kat. Janine Orchard: 2bKrafty AJ Otto: The Willow Garden Deb Saaranen: Dream In Color Claudia Rosa: Pretty Pressings November Guest Designer

9 comments:

Joyce across the Pond said...

Oh My indeed - this is a wonderful box and I confess I hate throwing away lovely containers too and love to re-create from a template. It is beautiful.

Janine said...

You are the recycle QUEEN! Love this week's project Barb!!

Deb Neerman said...

WoWzA, this is one fabulous project, Barb! Stunning!

You should see my stamp room ... there's saved packaging everywhere ... all with great plans to trace/cover/reuse, of course ... and I never do. The DH keeps asking if I'm planning on opening a grocery store someday ...

Your project is so inspiring, I'm gonna choose one and and actually use it this weekend! Thanks!!

Deborah Saaranen said...

So very precious Barb! What a wonderful gift!

Sharon (notimetostamp) said...

Oh Barb - you have me swooning again! That is my favorite sheet of paper from Yuletide and I am blow away with how you are using that loop trim -- it is a fabulous usage! Way to go!!! Wonderful project -- SO beautiful!!!

Lisa said...

Awesome! I'm totally a tea person, and I love to repurpose. But I have to admit I never once thought about using a velveeta container for cheese. Awesome!!!

Patti J said...

lol...6:20 a.m. - heading to Wal-Mart for VELVEETA!!!! Beautiful project - love it!

Rhonda Z said...

This is adorable! I, too, save boxes and other packaging to alter. Thanks for another beautiful idea.

Darlene said...

Oh you clever girl ... you never cease to amaze me! This is awesome! Happy Thanksgiving to you & yours!!