Friday, October 29, 2010

JustRite Friday Challenge with Inchie Arts!

For JustRite's Friday Challenge 042 today we are partnering with Inchie Arts! I have not worked with this quality of matte board! Well, it was so long ago when I was in college, we used to have to cut our own matte board, with our own mat cutters! Yuppers, I'm old! But nearly every commercial art class required your work to be framed! I LOVE I can purchase this quality matte board already cut 30+ years later! Inchie offers three different sizes of the highest quality artist grade matte board squares: 1” (Inchie), 1-1/2” (Inchie +) and 2” (Twinchie). All of their products are fade resistant, acid free, lignin free and solid core color through and through. The material is designed to receive whatever art medium (wet or dry) you use in your coloring and embellishments - from stamping to watercolors, chalks, inks, pens, markers, stains and more. For my card today, I stamped the darling snowman from JustRite's Whimsical Christmas Set onto a white Inchie+ and colored with Copic Markers: W1, W5, W7, BG10, BG13, BG72, Y15, YR26, YR65, YR68, E29, E33, RV14, RV19. Inchies are available in black, dark gray, light gray, wheat, dark cream, ivory and white; as individual packages or assortment packs. The snowman is adhered atop a Twinchie that has scor tape along the outer edges with Diamond Dust glitter to add that sparkling snow affect! Here is a peek of the card inside! I stamped a square border from JustRite's From Our House set, it fits perfectly! I thought I would try to use a Spellbinders die in my Big Shot to see if I could get a die cut frame, it did not cut all the way though but left this wonderful embossed impression! I love it! From Our House is a set chocked full of terrific winter and holiday designs! And will fit those Inchies perfectly! I finished the edges shading with ink and added a snowflake embellishment! There is Stickles applied ever so slightly to the snowflake, I wanted to carry the sparkle to the inside. As I had edged the cuttlebug embossed front card panel with it! Even the The Stamp Simply Ribbon Store sheer ribbon has a wonderful sparkle edging!
How could I place my square border onto my Twinchie, placing it where I wanted? With the use of a 2" clear stamper! Makes my stamping a whole lot easier and takes out the guesswork!
I hope you are having a Fabulous Friday! Every Friday JustRite sponsors a challenge! There are prizes to be won and other designers sharing their inspired creations! Make your way from the JustRite BLOG for all the details! Take Good Care!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

This is so soft and beautiful, Barb! Love the sweet image and glittered Twinchie behind it!

Sharon Harnist said...

Barb, I love how you colored your snowman and that glitter-fied Twinchie is THE best accent!! Adorable card!

Conniecrafter said...

too cute, love that little guy, and the shimmer framing!

Kathy Jones said...

Barb this is gorgeous!! The glitter is brilliant and love the softness of the pale blue and organdy ribbon!!!