Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Friends, Flowers in the Garden of Life!

I am in LOVE with Cosmo Cricket's adhesive chipboard pieces (I purchased mine at Joan's Gardens)! Talk about easy, peasy! These particular pieces and designer paper is from their Garden Variety line. I think the large flowers resemble clouds! This is the back side of the designer paper, where I paper pierced to create a ground of sorts. I then threaded my silk ribbon into my large eyed needle, and brought the ribbon up through one of the pierced holes. They are scotch taped in place to hold. The fabulous ribbon is from The Stamp Simply Ribbon Store! This 1/8" silk ribbon is wonderful to work with! Ribbon is not just for creating bows!!! On the front I used a tiny bit of scor tape at the top of the ribbon, then placed the adhesive round on it. Stem leaves are attached with a piece of scor tape under the stem to hide the adhesive. For my card inside, I chose my sentiment from JustRite's Joyful Hearts Borders Set. Such an appropriate message for the card! Check out JustRite's WELCOME SPRING Sale in progress, 20% off all 1 3/16" stamp sets for the month of April!
Card inside revealing the stamped sentiment and border. The sentiment is stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black, while the border used Papertreyink's Pure Poppy. The Spellbinders oval cut pieces are edged with Tim Holtz Distress Ink, Old Paper. Copics are used to color flowers.
There you have it! An easy, springtime card that was so much fun to create! Hope you and the ones you love had a blessed Easter! Take good care, I'll see you tomorrow for more easy creating FUN!

3 comments:

Joan Fricker said...

Barb, this is so cute. You are the most creative person I know. I just love everything you do!
Joan

Bev J. said...

Cute card and I love how you created the ribbon stems!

I have a question. I have never seen the Justrite stampers in real life and was wondering if they can be used on acrylic blocks? Thanks so much-I really like that border set but am trying to reduce 'stuff' and use what I have.

Conniecrafter said...

too cute, and love your paper piercing!