Monday, August 17, 2009

From Our House to Yours...

EDITED: WOW...if you have not had the chance to journey through the JustRite Christmas Blog Hop list, I would get going! Sooo many inspiring ideas and creations! In all the blog hop flurry, I almost forgot to announce the "Washcloth Cake Roll" winner! in celebration of Sharon Johnson's Stamp Simply 100th Challenge Birthday Party! And the winner is: LIZ WILLIAMS! Here is what she had to say: This is just the cutest thing! I saw some toe jam the other day in a craft store that had baby socks rolled up inside a jar! Loved your clever idea so TFS!!! PLEASE send me your addy, LIZ @ bjshome@sbcglobal.net Congratulations! MERRY CHRISTMAS and welcome to JustRite's Christmas Blog Hop! I chose to make a fun, simple, and economical gift bag! Perfect for special Christmas treats, candies, or maybe an ornament? This is an idea I learned years ago when our daughter was in grade school. Now, I did tweak it a bit. I chose to use my Spellbinders die for the door, and cut inchies for the windows instead of coloring or painting directly on the lunch bag. The bag is folded over and the roof top held secure with the chimney clip (a craft size clothespin)! I also Cuttlebug embossed the roof edge, and hand cut along the design. And do I see Santa caught in the chimney? This is also an added element to the initial idea!
The JustRite sets I used in this creation are: Witch Way to the Treats Set for the door wreath, A Merry Little Christmas Set for the Santa hat, and Something Sweet Set for my rooftop message. Round wooden blocks used, (in same order as sets listed) 1 3/16"., 1 5/8", and 2 3/8". You are going to get so much use out of these new Christmas sets. I love the Witch Way to the Treats ring border for my door wreath, adding adhesive red gems after I punched it out.
The chimney is also Cuttlebug embossed. It is a cardstock strip that is folded at the bottom, allowing the Santa hat to be inserted between the two layers at the top of the chimney. Black cardstock is from SU, all other papers and ribbon is from PapertreyInk.
The Santa hat is a perfect image to color! Here are the Copic colors I utilized! I am thinking Christmas cookies for Santa would be perfect for this bag, since he's stuck in the chimney!
A peek at the back of the chimney clip. When we made these with students, they simply glued a piece of construction paper onto a clothespin for the chimney, again I stepped up the design a bit. I have to say though, the kids house gift bags turned out wonderful! And what a great way to present a gift...for teacher, neighbor, or childcare provider. Wouldn't varied sizes of brown lunch type bags, white or colored bags make darling houses too? Fun, simple and inexpensive! Gotta love that!
JustRite's design team along with listed designers have been busy creating using the fabulous new JustRite Christmas sets for this special BLOG HOP. Be sure to check out the blog list for all the wonderful ideas. AND visit the JustRite blog for your daily updates of JustRite ideas and creations. Thanks for stopping by today! TAKE GOOD CARE! Unlimited inspiration, JustRite for YOU!

57 comments:

Kathy Jones said...

***THUD*** How incredible is this!!!!! WOW, I absolutely LOVE this - it's SO COOL!!!!! Love everything about it!!!!

farmhouse-story said...

this is such a cute idea-tfs!

Bonnie said...

Oh VERY cool Barb!! Your little house looks so welcoming and even more so with Santa in the chimney!! Very cute!

Chriss Blagrave said...

Clever, clever. clever and SO cute!

Kelly Mahany said...

How clever! It is really neat how you combined all those different JR stamps!

Sharon (notimetostamp) said...

You make the cutest houses EVER! And I LOVE Santa's hat peeking out as he slides down the chimney!!! TOO cute and clever!!!

Anonymous said...

A darling gift bag... very cute idea!

Swedie

Donna Baker said...

what a FUN idea, Barb! definitely going to star this in my reader for future reference. TFS!

Nancy said...

this is sweet, i just love it!

Taylor said...

I know I can always count on finding something incredibly clever on your blog!! Love it!!

Kimberly Crawford said...

Good morning, Barb!! :) LOVE your project!!!!!! Darling and TOTALLY clever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lisa Somerville said...

Such and adorable project Barb, love all the details!

Sharon Harnist said...

Barb, you are just full of fabulous ideas -- I love your holiday house gift bag! And Santa stuck in the chimney? Fabulous! Wonderful use of all these JR stamps!

Cindy H. said...

What a great idea and sooooo adorable!! I love it!

Laura Davis said...

Wow, super cute!
Laura

KAT said...

What a fabulous way to decorate a plain brown paper bag! I am amazed!

Anonymous said...

You are so clever and this is a fabulous project!

connie said...

this is so cute! thanks for the tips.

Lori Craig said...

SHUT UP! This is a darling idea and beautiful execution. What a sweet, sweet project.

Jennifer Aviles said...

Oh, my word, Barb. This is AMAZING! Just so clever! Gorgeous!

Debbie Seyer said...

Wonderful project. Its such a cute idea!

Beate said...

Barb, I love your little house with all the amazing details! Awesome!
Hugs and smiles

Michelle Woerner said...

Omgosh Barb! This is super cute and creative. LOVE that little house and how stinkin' cute is that santa hat coming out of the chimney? Woohoo! Hugs,

Piali said...

Wow!!! this is so cool....love the idea and the colors..thank you so much for sharing

Mary said...

Barb, what a wonderful way to give a gift. Terrific idea. Thank you for sharing, Mary

Steph Ackerman said...

Wow this is great, what a wonderful idea.

Sankari W. said...

WOW!!! This is just incredible!!! Absolutely lovely and unique!!! LOVe the way that you have decorated it and the sweet way you used the stamps!! Gorgeous!!!

Maggie said...

WOW what a cute idea. Love it !!!
Great job.

Kim Sonksen said...

Awesome! I love that house. What a fantastic card you created here

Unknown said...

Barb
What a great idea! And cute too! I may have to borrow the idea and make a bunch up for Christmas. My man in brown would like to get this filled with cookies!
Sharon L

Holly - Wild Wyoming Art Cafe' said...

This is such a great idea! Genius! It is so darn cute and fun. love it.

Rose Ann said...

Your card is sooooo cute and creative, Barb!! LOVE it!!

Debbie Kaste said...

Barbara, what an adorable card! Thanks so much for sharing:) Debbie Kaste

Gerrie Johnnic said...

ohhh, ahhhh just fantastic! too clever GF!

Sheryl Dickinson said...

Now this is just too clever! Love the Santa hat peeping out the chimney!

slbt17 said...

soo cute! Thanks for the inspiration!
Sandra

Teresa said...

Wow!! Love the idea. THANKS!

Jami said...

How cool is that!!!! Love it!! So clever!

Fiorella said...

AWESOME!!!!!!!!!! Thanks for the inspiration!

kathy s said...

what a great idea-love santas hat-hope he's not stuck soooo cute.

Niki Estes said...

Oh my goodness, Barb! That is so cute! I love it!

Anonymous said...

This is just great, I love it! So unique.

lisa808 said...

This is adorable. I love the idea. What a great way to give a hostess gift.

Joan Fricker said...

Barb, what a great card. I love your creative ideas. Too cute!!!

Joan

Michele Kovack said...

How stinkin' clever is this????!!! LOVE it!!!!!

Iris said...

Very impressive, Barb. The gift bag is just too cute. Thanks for sharing. Iris Soscia

Conniecrafter said...

such a darling creative idea for the bag, and like your closure idea, so fun!

s said...

What a great idea. Thanks for sharing.

Susan said...

Super idea!!!

Cazzy said...

That house is so cute, and what a clever idea!

Cazzy x

Christy Farneth-Kerr said...

So neat This is so cute on so many levels:)

Christine said...

What a wonderful idea! I was planning on buying some of the stampers and now I know that I HAVE too.

Blessings,
Christine

Cat said...

Adorable card! So cute!

gayla.odell said...

What a fun thing to do with bags. I love to use clothes pins. I may have to use this idea for a cookie swap. Thanks. Gayla O'Dell, www.megastampinstudio.com

Unknown said...

so cute!!!

Tammy in Ontario, Canada said...

I love your detailing with the little santa in the chimney and the textured chimney. Great job.

BeckyE said...

Really clever idea you have here. This I can use. Thanks for sharing.
BeckyE