Thursday, July 16, 2009

Witch Way? The JustRite WAY!



Additional editing on 9/26/13
Check out this new mason jar packaging for the witch hats treats! Click HERE!

*****************************************************
EDITED on September 29, 2012, to share an updated link HERE for packaging ideas using the Witch Hat Cookies. You most likely were brought to this link from pinners and blogs that have shared this post!  Thank you for stopping by and be sure to visit The Stamp Simply Store HERE for all the supplies used in the new post!  
Enjoy and Take Good Care! 

A witch label using the new JustRite release, Witch Way to the Treats Set,
That is attached to the sliding band onto the box, Keebler Fudge stripe cookies (turned upside down), Hershey Kisses attached with orange Wilton tube icing. Soooo easy! For the label I also utilized a border ring from JustRite's What's Cookin' Set on my round wood 1 5/8" stamper. Isn't that new Halloween set adorable? You can see my 1 3/16' round wooden stamper all set to get some ink on it! This is what the box looks like minus the band. I found this recipe box at Michaels in the dollar bin. Now it is a re-purposed treat box! A peek of the inside holding a ziplox bag of Witch Hat cookies! Top of box, with band on, I wanted to cover the barn on the box, since I was using this for a Witches treat theme. I layered cardstock for the sliding band, picking up the colors on the box.
That is filled with Witch Hat cookies! Cookie ingredients are
Side view of box showing band and dimension of top embellishment.
Another packaging option for these adorable cookie treats. I placed a single cookie in a glassine bag, folded down top several times and machine stitched. This was easier than stapling or using tape. Not only does machine stitching hold the bag top secure, it really adds to maximize the freshness of the cookies.
Three treat bags. The witch stamped and punched along with the two ring borders make an easy embellishment for the bags. You could easily add initials or names to personalize the bags if desired. And just look at all the options for treats in this Witch Way to the Treats Borders & Centers set! This set is a limited time only set, once it's gone, it will no longer be available. This is but one of the new JustRite releases and ideas using one of the new sets. Check out the spectacular creations the team has been working on. Talk about inspiration at its best! Have FUN and check out the JustRite blog for daily post updates spotted in blog land!
Becca Feeken

Stop back tomorrow(Friday) for a SPOOKTACULAR sweet treat and a Ghostly dinner item! Take good care, thanks so much for stopping in, I so appreciate it! Really, I love it when you visit!

41 comments:

akagreenhouse said...

What a great box for the cookies and those cookies are the cutest!!! I'll be making both this fall! Just adorable!

Anonymous said...

OMG Barb. That is a great idea - cookie hats... LOVE!
And the box is spectacular (or spooktacular).
I always smile when I get a chance to look at the blogs on my list and you have a new post.

Hugs,
em

Dottie K. said...

What a great idea! My niece and nephew will love those cookies. Packaging is just adorable!

lisa808 said...

Adorable project! I am so excited over this new set. tfs.

Heidi Blankenship said...

Barb, I love your treat box! Love the sliding band! Those cookies are so cute! I will be making these for sure this fall! Fantastic Job!!

Troy Louise said...

Love those cookies and your box idea! Thanks.

Ella said...

That's a great idea. I'm always coming accross that Michael's dollar stuff and wondering what I would do with it.

Michele Kovack said...

How cute these are!!! Love this!

Sharon Harnist said...

Barb, what adorable witch hat cookies -- I'll totally be making these this Halloween! Great packaging you created -- I love the way you stacked the images and used a different border!

joy said...

Thank you for a wonderful idea! I'm off to Michaels to look for these boxes!

kathy s said...

what a great idea would love to win this set it looks fantastic loved the cookie idea as well might try it for my grandsons birthday love kathy s

kathy s said...

Wow what a fantastic idea loved the new set of stamps would love to win it. Also loved the cookies so easy yet so effective might try them for my grandsons birthday party-love ideas that are quick, cheap and easy -thanks. kathy s

kathy s said...

wow what a great set of stamps would love to win it- loved your idea and the cookies look a treat(pardon the pun) love ideas that are quick,easy and cheep will be trying both in the near future- kathy s

Rose Ann said...

Oh my...what a fabulous presentation for your adorable and yummy-looking cookies!! LOVE this, Barb!!

terriavidreader (IN-USA) said...

Too cute! Lovely idea for treats. I'm the proud owner of a new stamp set from Just Rite, and I'm ready to play!

Kathy Jones said...

That is SO COOL Barb!!! What an awesome project!! Love how you did all the layers!!

slbt17 said...

love it! Nice job - I think I need that set!
Sandra

Nancy said...

Love the cookie hats and your box is fabulous what a great idea! Love your projects!

Sarah (Your daughter) said...

I love those cookies :)
If you have any extra...let me know ;)

Love you Mom!

Sarah

AShu93 said...

Those cookie hats are awesome! Thanks for sharing.

Lisa Somerville said...

How cute is that! Love the band you created with the new JR images - you sure gave that box a wonderful facelift!

Jill Haddad said...

The box is wonderful - but the cookies?!? How cute are they???? What a clever, tasty and EASY treat. Even I can make these! LOL!

Conniecrafter said...

cute box, like the tag, and the idea for the cookes is so cute!

Anonymous said...

What a great idea! Love the tip about the witch hat cookies and the presentation label and box were terrific as always! You have a brain and imagination that we would all love to see into----and you are so good to share with us!! I've been busy with company and had to play catch-up on your blog today. The yoyos were adorable--I'm sure your friends will love them. The romper and card reminded me of your grandson. Hope he is doing well and you are getting some cuddling time with him!
=) Gail

Donna Baker said...

this is so FUN! I adore those witch hat cookies - thanks for sharing!! love the box

Sharon (notimetostamp) said...

So darling, Barb! Just love it!

Ann said...

OMG, this is SO cute, and I can't believe those fab cookies are that simple! Awesome idea!

Bella Joviality said...

adorable! I just had to repost!

http://bellajoviality.blogspot.com/2011/10/witch-hat-cookies.html

Anonymous said...

I love the simplicity and creativity of these cookies! So glad I came across them from this Halloween SkinnyScoop list > www.skinnyscoop.com/list/claudia/halloween-brew-ha-ha

I will definitely have to try them out and I love the packaging too..I can send them to my sister who just moved to Boston and she LOVES Halloween :)

Thanks for sharing the great idea!

Anonymous said...

I love the simplicity and creativity of these cookies! So glad I came across them from this Halloween SkinnyScoop list > The Big Brew-Ha-Ha: Happy Halloween!

I will definitely have to try them out and I love the packaging too..I can send them to my sister who just moved to Boston and she LOVES Halloween :)

Thanks for sharing the great idea!

Mika said...

LOVE the cookie hat idea! So simple! It's one of my favourite Halloween posts. I have featured it on my "5 Great Finds" today.

http://jugglingmotherhood.com/2011/10/31/5-great-finds-halloween-edition/

Thanks!

TravisAnn Sherman said...

Love the cookie hats! I made them last year and they were great! I'm posting them on a squidoo about fast Halloween food. Thanks!

Unknown said...

The store was out of Orange so I'm using green icing :D Another option I thought of was using different hersey kisses ie caramel filled too and make sure each flavor kiss had a different icing ie orange icing for caramel, green icing for plain, ect....

Unknown said...

BTW came home to all my cookies eaten guess another trip to store before trying to make them lol

Unknown said...

What a sweet treat idea! I am a teacher's aide and I think this is just the thing to "treat" the teacher!

Anonymous said...

What a clever idea! I am a teacher's aide and this would make a nice simple "treat" for the teacher!

Anonymous said...

what a clever treat idea!

Bev said...

Love the witch hat cookies.

Anonymous said...

Making these tomorrow for a potluck at work! Thank you for this great idea..easy & yummy! :)

Wanda Tracey said...

I think the box for the cookies is fantastic.What a cute idea and I love those cookies.I am pretty sure the trick or treaters are going to like them too.Thanks for the recipe.

celesteandpearl.blogspot.com said...

Barb - we just discovered your blog and think these are darling! We want to feature them and you in our post on the yummiest Halloween treats!! Check it out!

Thank you for the inspiration!

Warmest,
Liz and Lo
{celesteandpearl.blogspot.com}