Friday, September 26, 2008

Fishy Christmas Mens Wear!

This weeks set focus at Flourishes was Men's Wear. This is the first Flourishes set I bought! I have used it over and over for the men in my life and today decided to combine this set with the Limited Supply Challenge over at SplitCoastStampers. The fishy designer paper is from The Paper Patch. It is so old I have no idea where and when I acquired it! I stamped the shirt image on the paper with Memento Rich Cocoa ink. I added Copic marker coloring for a red and green festive look, shading to the shirt, and then cut out! Part of the challenge was to make critters into a holiday card! I hope fish will qualify! What does a fisherman hope will catch his fish? A hook of course! But, probably not this kind of ornament hook! The sentiment and ornaments are from the the Flourishes set, O Christmas Tree. I have to let you in on my conversation with my husband regarding this card for his Dad. When I asked him what he thought, he asked if it was a pajama shirt? Then stated, it looks like the tasteless material used for those holiday boxer shorts! Bwahaaaa. And he hates those! Oh well, I tried! For a Merry, Merry Christmas greeting though, I think this will be just fine! But I will pass on the boxers!
Hope you had a good week! I have been so overwhelmed with house showings, my day job and some family matters, I have been missing is action! I hope to get back to the blogging world on an every day basis soon! Thanks so much for stopping in! I DO appreciate it.

19 comments:

Janine said...

What a fantastic card... My brother in law would love this!! He is such an avid fisherman.
Have a great weekend.

Niki Estes said...

Fun card, Barb! Great to see you back, too!

Donna Baker said...

ah! I love it! what fun paper. take care & slow down a little. don't worry about what you can't fit in a day. we still love ya!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

Oh how adorable, Barb! So clever!

The Rubber Maid said...

That is so cute of an idea and you pulled it off fantastically. Love the shirt and the touch of Christmas is priceless. It is unique and totally awesome. Pat

Andrea said...

Beautiful card.
xAndrea

Joan Fricker said...

Barb, this is so cute and so "manly"! I am sure your FIL will love it. The paper is perfect and I love how your added the red and green accents. Great job!

Joan

Allison Rankin said...

Funky shirt...love the idea of the pattern! Great job Barb!

Anonymous said...

Oh, gosh! It does look like a pajama shirt but it's perfect for Christmas. Jammies and Christmas morning go hand in hand, don't they? I love how you did this! I hope things settle down for you soon. Thank goodness your blog is something you can set aside for the time being. Take care, Barb!

Lee said...

Oh how cool is this!!! Barb!! What a unique and perfect "guy" card!!

NancyK said...

WOW - this is incredible!! What a fun card - great job Barb!

Nancy said...

Great Christmas shirt for a guy!! :) Cute card.

Anonymous said...

This is a great card. LOVE the paper.
Hugs,
em

Julie Koerber said...

I am cracking up at Curt's reaction! He sounds like my hubby. There's no mincing words here in the Koerber house!! I happen to love your card!!! Super duper creative as usual!!!
Hope all is well!

Sewflake said...

Ya, I can see, pajama shirt, boxers....but the first thing I thought of when I saw this shirt is "Ya, it looks like something someone would find for a Christmas gift"! Most of all I can see the creativity in it. Wonderful!!!

Sharon (notimetostamp) said...

Hi Barb!!!! This card is fabulous!!! Love your fishy Christmas pattern!!! Sure to evoke a smile from its recipient!!! TFS!!!

Annapurna said...

Great idea. Very funky for sure. Sorry he didn't think it was funny. You should give it to him anyway :-)

Anonymous said...

Oh Barb, what a fun card - you have a cool sense of humor!! You sure are juggling a lot so take care of yourself...first!
--Hugs Becca

Melanie said...

ha ha!! too cute!!